FUJIFILM North America Corporation comes up with the new FinePix XP60 which is an addition to the popular rugged XP Series that is also said to bring extra style and substance to its rugged outdoor series. The new XP60 uses an improved 16MP CMOS sensor for improved and excellent image quality, a reinforced 5x FUJINON lens and is Waterproof to 20ft (6M), Shockproof to 5ft (1.5M), Freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C) and Dustproof. The XP60 also has a newly redesigned battery door lock with double seals for enhanced protection so that users are certain to get their most adventurous shots, all with an attractive camera body that is easy to use for the whole family.
“The new XP60 is the perfect outdoor digital camera for users who want to take great images every place that they go, whether it’s the beach, the park or the slopes, the XP60 can stand up to water, ice, drops and dust and get those adventurous pictures,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “And it’s truly designed for action with dedicated buttons for Burst Shooting Mode and full HD movie recording, as well as a traditional shutter button.”
The FinePix XP60 delivers a Superior image quality as it uses an improved 1/2.3-inch 16MP CMOS sensor with CMOS Shift Image Stabilization to capture images that are sharp and clear, even in challenging low-light conditions. It also incorporates an internal 5x optical FUJINON zoom lens (28-140mm2) that allows users to get close to the action, even under water. And with its Intelligent Digital Zoom, the XP60 can double its zoom range to 10x while still offering optimum image quality.
The FinePix XP60 has an excellent speed that users need to capture their fast action including two high speed shooting modes, 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 10 frames) and an ultra-high speed continuous shooting at up to 60fps (max 70 frames in 16:9, S size only). The XP60 has a dedicated “Burst Mode Button” placed on the top of the camera that lets users switch to this mode instantly without having to fumble through menu options to activate, so you can capture even the fastest action.
The FinePix XP60 allows users to shoot amazing action-packed HD videos delivering full HD 1080i (60fps) movie capture as well as a high speed movie recording at up to 240fps. The XP60 also features advanced in-camera movie editing including, “movie editing” and “movie join” to seamlessly pull together multiple video clips into a single movie.
The XP60 has bright and vibrant 2.7” LCD monitor which has an anti-reflective coating that makes viewing images and data on the camera easy and crystal clear, even in bright sunlight. The screen features an automatic brightness adjustment feature which can be optimized to monitor brightness to account for ambient lighting, which saves battery power without sacrificing clarity.
- Pop Color – great for boosting contrast and saturation
- Toy Camera – adds vignetting for a 70’s retro look
- Miniature – blurred top and bottom sections for a tilt-and-shift effect
- Partial Color – selects one color and takes the rest of the shot in black and white (choose from red, purple, yellow, green, blue and orange)
- Soft Focus – create a soft focus effect
- High Key – increases overall brightness and reduces contrast
- Cross Screen – adds starbursts around bright objects
FinePix XP60 key features:
- Waterproof to 20ft/6m
- Shockproof to 5ft/1.5m
- Freezeproof to 14°F/-10ºC
- 1/2.3-inch 16MP CMOS sensor
- 5x optical zoom (10x total using Intelligent Digital zoom)
- CMOS-shift image stabilization
- 2.7-inch LCD screen with anti-reflective coating
- Full HD movie recording and a dedicated “Movie Recording Button”
- 10fps continuous shooting mode at full resolution (max 10 frames) with dedicated “Burst Mode Button”
- High speed multi-frame processing – record two shots or more at different exposures and then combine them to achieve High Dynamic Range (HDR) shots with natural contrast that preserves details in the highlights and shadows.
- Motion Panorama 360 – create a 360º panoramic shot by selecting the mode, pressing the shutter button and spinning around in a circle.
- Individual Shutter 3D – create fun images with a 3D effect by combining two shots taken from slightly different angles.
The FinePix XP60 will be available in March 2013 at the price of $199.95, and will be available in yellow, blue, red and green.